Dale Crawford is an internationally published illustrator, fine art painter, and portrait artist. Dale has a BFA from the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida. His paintings are included in many private collections, and he has been an exhibitor at the Museum of American Illustration in NYC.
Throughout his career as an illustrator, Dale has been a fine art painter and has been commissioned to paint portraits, mixed media sculpture, and large scale oil paintings. His work has been showcased in magazines, brochures, compact disc covers, calendars, gift products, and in the 1990 rendition of the children’s picture book The Secret Garden. He has also designed and illustrated logos, posters, and apparel screen print art.
Dale has an extensive client list including clients such as MCA Records, The Opera Company of Philadelphia, Category 5 Records, Lipton Tea, Campbell Soup, Running Press, Provident Insurance, Giant Merch/Warner Bros., Buster Brown Apparel, Unison Records, Mercury Records, ArtWorks International, and Pfaultscraft. His designs and illustrations have adorned many top selling products for such stores as Barnes & Noble, Borders Books, Costco, and Target.
He has created artwork for Buster Brown’s SNOOPY and PEANUT’S lines featuring the much loved characters created by Charles Schultz. In addition, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Taz, Tweety Bird, Whiley Coyote, and Animaniacs are among the characters of which he has painted for Warner Brothers.
In 1998, Dale came to Nashville to work with long time friend and client Bill Barnes, the Owner and Creative Director of Barnes and company. As an in-house illustrator, Dale specialized in versatility of style and media combined with digital techniques to accommodate a wide range of clients and markets.
He was featured on the DVD documentary for the making of “God’s Country; George Jones and Friends” tribute album for which he painted the cover art.
Dale currently resides in Franklin and is focusing his talents on fine art painting, and portraiture, continues to illustrate, design and teach illustration classes at O’More College of Design.
- 40th Annual National Society of Illustrators Juried Exhibition and publication at the Museum of American
- Illustration, New York City, 1998
- 37th Annual National Society of Illustrators Juried Exhibition and publication at the Museum of American
- Illustration, New York City, 1995
- Philadelphia Art Directors Club Annual Juried Publication, 1991
- Ringling Award for Outstanding Accomplishment and Contributions During, 1987-88
- Best of Ringling Shows, 1987 and 1988
- National Society of Illustrators Juried Student Scholarship Exhibition, New York City, 1988
- Forty-third Annual Meeting of NASAD and Juried Exhibition Cincinnati, Ohio, 1987
- Ringling School of Art and Design Merit Scholarship, 1986